Location: Alicante, Spain
Duration: from min 2 to max 6 months
Application deadline: No application deadline, applications can be filed any time
Rules governing the traineeships offered by EUIPO (Chapter II, Section 4): Decision N° ADM 22-10-REV
The EUIPO is responsible for managing EU trade marks (EUTM) and the registered Community designs (RCD) ever since its foundation as a decentralized Agency of the European Union in 1994 to offer IP rights protection to businesses and innovators across the European Union (EU) and beyond.
We offer unpaid traineeship opportunities as part of your Referendariatszeit (period of practical training between first and second state examination for law students in Germany), whereby you may gain insight into the varied fields of activities of an Agency of the European Union. Furthermore, as a trainee (Referendar) your tasks would include, in particular, legal researches and the preparation of decisions and other legal documents, under the supervision of a German lawyer within either the Boards of Appeal or the Operations Department of the Office:
- The Operations Department (OD) is responsible for all substantive procedures relating to EUTM and RCD, this includes: examination of EUTM applications and international registrations and applications, opposition and cancellation proceedings against EUTM applications and registrations, examination of RCDs and invalidity proceedings against RCDs and management of the EUTM and RCD registers.
- The Boards of Appeal (BoA) are responsible for deciding on appeals against first instance decisions taken by EUIPO concerning European Union trade marks and registered Community designs.
Candidates should have a thorough knowledge of English (minimum level C1) and the knowledge of any of the other official languages of the EUIPO (i.e. French, Spanish, and Italian) will be considered advantageous.
Candidates should send their applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org enclosing:
- CV and motivation letter (in any of the five working languages of the EUIPO), including the department in which he/she is interested and the desired period of the unpaid traineeship,
- Degree obtained on completion of the first state examination in law (erstes Staatsexamen),
- If available, certificates of previous professional experience.
Should you need more information please contact us: email@example.com